Friday, April 20, 2012

How Christians taught me as Muslim the meaning of love






People who think that Christians hate Muslims should watch this video. Many times, they open their houses and churches to us. We should learn from this example because this is the real essence of religions, and this is the same message that the prophet Mohamed wanted to teach us when he received the Christians community of Najran in the first Mosque built in the world. As their discussion with the Prophet in the mosque took quite a long time, it was time for their evening prayer. As they prepared to pray, some of the Prophet’s followers wanted to prevent the Christians from doing so. The Prophet ordered them to let the Christians offer their normal prayer. After that, the discussion would be resumed.

I remember when my friend Manolo from Sevilla invited me to his house. He changed the menu just because he knew that, as Muslim, I cannot eat pork meat. The same happened when Gloria invited me to have lunch. She had baked tuna pie but she realized after that they had some lard. So, she cooked other meal. Besides, I will never forget Bárbara who bring me a cake as a present and she told me: “Do not worry, I asked and it does not have any lard”. It was so exciting for me because I often buy pastries but I never ask whether they have some lard or not. All of them care for some details that even me as Muslim I do not care sometimes. This means that they know the real meaning of love that I should learn from them as a person. 

 
We should all learn from those examples and realize that we are all brothers and sisters and all religions have the same message: LOVE God, LOVE the Others, LOVE nature, and LOVE ourself. Our mission as Christians, Jews Muslims and others, or just as person is to practice LOVE in what we do, what we say, and what we feel. Hope we can all understand the real meaning of LOVE.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku83VCbHGnM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment